H4 to H1 before visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 before visa stamping

My wife came to the US in B2 (before marriage), later on we got married and she received a H4 approval letter. But she has not gone out of the country yet for getting a H4 stamp in her passport. Can she apply for a H1B before she gets a H4 stamp in her passport (since a consulting company is offering to do so)? That means applying for a H1B from the current I797 status of H4 approval? (this would be the second change of status - I539)

Even though the consulting company said so, am not sure if this is possible, hence the query
    Last edited by swami; 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM.

Can Immihelp Admin or Subramanya reply to this query? Thanks in advance

Comment

Any answer for this one please?

Comment

H4 issues

My wife came to the US in B2 (before marriage), later on we got married and she received a H4 approval letter. But she has not gone out of the country yet for getting a H4 stamp in her passport. Can she apply for a H1B before she gets a H4 stamp in her passport (since a consulting company is offering to do so)? That means applying for a H1B from the current I797 status of H4 approval? (this would be the second change of status - I539)

Even though the consulting company said so, am not sure if this is possible, hence the query

---- Has your wife received a I-94 along with her H4 to ensure that she can continue to reside in the US under H4 status legally

---- Assuming the above is true and authentic, then in all probability she can apply for a H1 with a company who is willing to sponsor her for a H1

Subramanya

Comment

No need to get stamping

Once you enter in USA your passport visa doesn't mean - only checkout I-94 once employer will apply for her will submit that I-94 and you'll get change status or extenstion on that I-94, till you or she will get green card passport stamping your I-94 will count or whenever anyone change status I-94 number will become same.
          Bottom line no need to get visa stamping or no need to go outside of country...

Cheers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X