Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B questions

Hi,

If the VO asks the following questions, what is the best way to answer them?

1) Why do you want to go to US?

Is it okay to say 'I want to get global exposure / work for the global clients/ or work in the global environment'?

2) Why are you going to US?

Is it okay to say 'to work for the company ZZZ?'

3) Where will you stay?

We don't know the details till we go there. So, what should we answer?

4) Who will pay for the trip?

Is it okay to say 'The company will pay me the salary'.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Ravi

H1 issues

If the VO asks the following questions, what is the best way to answer them?

1) Why do you want to go to US?

Is it okay to say 'I want to get global exposure / work for the global clients/ or work in the global environment'?

---- The very intent of a H1 Visa is to go to US and work there. The above answer will in fact get you back to India as all of those are present in India-- all in all they will not be asking this question

2) Why are you going to US?

Is it okay to say 'to work for the company ZZZ?'

---- Q1 is repeated in different words

3) Where will you stay?

We don't know the details till we go there. So, what should we answer?

---- The VO's know that if it is your first time going to the US you will make arrangements for your stay. Anyone expects that maturity to be there for making their own arrangements eve if you do not have friends, relatives and colleagues in the US

4) Who will pay for the trip?

Is it okay to say 'The company will pay me the salary'.

---- If the company is footing the bill for your travel say so in the application form. However, it does not make a difference to the VO as it is either your expense or the company who is going to employ you. If you have good number of air miles in your flying returns account that is a different issue

---- Company has to pay the salary when you are going to work for them

---- It is rather surprisiing that you are posing such questions as you are answering many of them on your own. None of these questions are to be asked since it is a waste of time, instead everyone can focus on more important issues

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X