Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B stamping---different issue--advice needed

Hi Subramanya,
    I did my MS in US. I went to India only once during my MS. I was done with all my course works and also my thesis defense and I was left with only my thesis final submission and as it was taking a lot of time and I was in OPT and I received a job in my line, i went for it. Then I got a better offer into another company which was ready to offer me a H1-B and so I got my H1-b approval even before I got my MS degree in hand. I did not go to India after that. Finally I received my MS degree just 10 days before my F1 expiration date when I was in H1. My H1-B needs an extension by this year end. So I definetly have to go for a Visa stamping. I am planning to go to Canada for my stamping. Please advice on this. I have all my documents now at hand including my MS degree. Will there be any problems in my H1-B getting stamped.I appreciate your advice. Also please tell me if it will be better if I go to Canada this month or the next to get the visa stamped.
    Thanks.

H1 issues

I did my MS in US. I went to India only once during my MS. I was done with all my course works and also my thesis defense and I was left with only my thesis final submission and as it was taking a lot of time and I was in OPT and I received a job in my line, i went for it. Then I got a better offer into another company which was ready to offer me a H1-B and so I got my H1-b approval even before I got my MS degree in hand. I did not go to India after that. Finally I received my MS degree just 10 days before my F1 expiration date when I was in H1. My H1-B needs an extension by this year end. So I definetly have to go for a Visa stamping. I am planning to go to Canada for my stamping. Please advice on this. I have all my documents now at hand including my MS degree. Will there be any problems in my H1-B getting stamped.I appreciate your advice. Also please tell me if it will be better if I go to Canada this month or the next to get the visa stamped.

---- If you are only seeking an extension of H1 there is no need to go for Visa stamping. Unless you want to travel outside the country or go to India and be back to US. Moreover, if you have an MS degree from US there is no cause for worry and presuming that all your other documents are in order

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X