Security clearance 2nd time too??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security clearance 2nd time too??

1. In Dec 2005, I had to go through a security clearance due to a hit in their system when I am renewing my H1B visa stamping at US Consulate in Paris. (Eventually, I got the security clearance at that time in 3 weeks. I was arrested for leaving the scene in a traffic accident, however the case was dismissed with out any conviction as I didn't do any thing wrong.)

Next week, I am planning to go to Vancouver for H1B visa stamping, will the consulate in Vancouver still go through a security clearence again even though my existing visa says "CLASS RECORD INDICATES NO VISA INELGIBILITY'.

2. If there is a delay in name check/security clearance, can I come back to USA on the previously approved H1B visa which is still valid until 1st week of March?
    Last edited by czjunk; 02-08-2007, 07:32 PM.

Hey

Hi,
    Sorry I cant help with your question here but am curious to know what kind of clearance you needed. Was it because of the nature of your work, example an advanced technology which the consulate needs to clarify (is commercial or even if defense/govt related - you have been authorized to work on). OR was it just simply something else ?
    Thanks
    HQ123

Comment

It was a secuiry check due to a hit in the system.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X