Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed:-Original documents at Consulate

Hello

I recently changed employer in USA while my wife was in India.
    Hence I arranged for a h4 visa stamping for her under the new employer name.
    I joined the new employer in the end of Jan 07.
    during the stamping the consular asked for paystubs.
    my wife provided the paystubs from past employer and since the stamping was yesterday 12 feb 07 there was no paystub from new employer.
    The consular seem to understand this. She kept my orginal I797 , offer letter and other documents with her and mentioned to my wife that you will receive the passport within next 7 days.

My question,
    do they keep originals with them? how will I get them back?
    also, is it safe to assume that the stamping has been successful as no forms were issued?

thanks for your valuable inputs.
    Last edited by maverick_123; 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM.

Same issue for me

Hi Friend,

I came to USA one yr back, at the Port of Entry time security staff taken my I-797 original, i inquired some candidates are faced same problem, don' worry about it. you have photo copy of I-797 no problem at all.

i think you will wait may be they will send I-797 with passport to your address.

and one more thing my family members are going to attend H4 visa this month end. can you explain me clearly what documents are you submitted and tell me the interview conversation. explain here or send me a mail to [email protected]

Comment

H4 Stamping- Please provide your valuable inputs

I sent the following docs for H4 stamping,

DS 156, 157
      Original I797
      Employment verification letter
      Spouse support letter
      6 months bank statements
      4 months of salary slips.
      utility bills for address proo

The only grey area were the salary slips.
      I have sal slips till Jan 07 from previous employer but obviously not any salary slip from new employer since i joined it in last week of Jan and stamping was on 12th feb.
      The interview was quick,
      visa officer asked my wife for name of employer, how long have you stayed before, salary slips and letter from employer. She gave all that and when VO asked for new employer's salary slip my wife explained the scenario.
      VO did not object but kept my salary slips,offer letter, employment letters, original I797 along with wife's passport mentioning that
      "you will receive the passport within 7 days".

Iam not sure why they kept all those documents.
      Has anyone received a rejection upon the passport delivery when the VO hasnt objected on anything during the interview appointment.
      or has anyone face a similar situation?

Appreciate any further inputs to this.
      Thanks alot to everyone on this forum.

Comment

Passport Delivery

DS 156, 157
        Original I797
        Employment verification letter
        Spouse support letter
        6 months bank statements
        4 months of salary slips.
        utility bills for address proo

The only grey area were the salary slips.
        I have sal slips till Jan 07 from previous employer but obviously not any salary slip from new employer since i joined it in last week of Jan and stamping was on 12th feb.
        The interview was quick,
        visa officer asked my wife for name of employer, how long have you stayed before, salary slips and letter from employer. She gave all that and when VO asked for new employer's salary slip my wife explained the scenario.
        VO did not object but kept my salary slips,offer letter, employment letters, original I797 along with wife's passport mentioning that
        "you will receive the passport within 7 days".

Iam not sure why they kept all those documents.
        Has anyone received a rejection upon the passport delivery when the VO hasnt objected on anything during the interview appointment.
        or has anyone face a similar situation?

---- Relax, all documents will be returned with the passport stamped (nowadays affixed) and your wife should be able to make her journey to the US safely. This is just a normal procedure and you do not have to be concerned too much about this

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya for the inputs

Thanks Subramanya for the insight.
          Really appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X