Application for H1B Work Visa in MS quota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for H1B Work Visa in MS quota

I am in a very sticky situation - I came to the US in Aug04 as a MS student in Applied Mathematics and later changed to Phd after clearing the Qualifying Exams. However as I failed the Preliminary Exam recently I would have to change my Advisor. I want to take a break from studies and have decided to work with my Masters degree, one remaining core course for which I am taking this semester. I would have completed all requirements for the MS with that.

I have a software company in NY that is ready to offer me a job, and they would file for my Work Visa in the Masters quota. As a Phd student completing the MS degree I am not eligible for OPT. My problem is that I owe my University money, and without clearing bills, I cannot get any release of my degree certificate or official transcripts. All I can get are unofficial transcripts and a official letter from my department stating that I would complete the requirements for the MS degree this May. Would this be a problem in my Visa application? Somebody, please help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X