H1b experts! Need urgent advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b experts! Need urgent advice...

I am a medical doctor. I am on B1/B2 and after getting medical residency in US, I applied for H1b through premium processing. Today my attorney told me that my H1b visa got approved for 1 yr and 1 day.........what does that mean?
    The hospital had requested for 3 yr approval in my petition with USCIS but I only got 1 yr and 1 day approval.
    The attorney was trying to contact USCIS but the officials are not even attending the phone call......strange behavior!, so finally, attorney sent email to USCIS to ask about explanation about it.

1.Does this often happen?

2.What would be my further course of action in case of just 1 yr H1 approval? Will I have to reapply for H1 next year through same process (by spending $3000)? I had also heard that after completion of 1st approval period(that is after 1 year in my case), we need to go back to home country for 1year.....In that case, how would I be able to complete my 3 year residency?

3.Can't I have >1 yr stamp on my H1 from home country? I plan to go back to home country in next 3 days.

4. What happens if I get married to US citizen in next few months?

I would highly appreciate inputs in this regard.

One more off-the-topic Question: How long maximum one can stay out of USA if he/she is on Green Card?

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X