Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B while B1 visa

Hi Everyone

I have B1 visa, got stamped from my present employer one day back only. I have approved H1 B petition for last year from second employer with witch I never worked, now he is asking me to go for H1 B stamping at Mumbai consulate, & told me that it is not good to keep petition without stamping. In interest of above situation can any one help me to give answers for following queries?

1. How many years last year petition is valid without stamping?
    2. Can I go for stamping after 10 months from now, for 2006 petition?
    3. If current b1 & H1 B is not from same company will because of H1b stamping from another employer have any effect on current employer B1?

Your suggestions are most valuable

Thanks

I am also in same situvation and looking for an answer.

Thanks.

sudha

Comment

Your H1 petition validity is mentioned in the approval notice, you can attend the visa interview any time. But if you want to work on H1b, then it always better go and attend the interview as soon as possible basically to avoid questions like why is the delay? and all these crap.

By attending the H1b interview doesn't have any impact on your B1 visa, they will not cancel your B1 visa at all. These two separate visa categories.

If you want to work on H1b, go and attend the interview. Otherwise you dont need worry about the petition. A person can have multiple H1b petitions on his behalf. That is 100% fine. Your employer filed the petition and offering you job that doesn't mean you have to go and work with him.

So don't worry about your situation. Even I had same situation and I have seen many who have this situation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X