B1 to H1B stamping experience in Ottawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 to H1B stamping experience in Ottawa

[/B][/B]I came to US in March 2001on B1/B2. I then tranferred to H1B and and my wife and kids joined me on H4. I never left US. Last year I visited Canada for my PR and returned to US on Automatic Visa Revalidation. I am planning to go to either Toronto or Ottawa for my first H1 stamping and H4 for my wife and kids.
    Does any one have similar experience stamping their VISA from B1 to H1.

I do have W2s for last five years and have never been out of job. I currently work as Director of Anesthesia Support Services for a national anesthesia company.

Your help is appreciated!!!

B1 to H1

My company offered me B1 Visa as i am working as Sr Sales Officer, now i would like to know wheather there is a possibility of changing my B1 to H1.

Kindly revert back.

Thanks
    Bhanu P

Comment

B1 to H1B

I am also travelling in the same boat, can you please share your experience in consulate for change of status from B1 to H1B. What kind of questions were asked in interview.

Comment

Automatic Visa Revalidation

Originally posted by srishaq View Post
        [/B][/B]I came to US in March 2001on B1/B2. I then transferred to H1B and and my wife and kids joined me on H4. I never left US. Last year I visited Canada for my PR and returned to US on Automatic Visa Revalidation. I am planning to go to either Toronto or Ottawa for my first H1 stamping and H4 for my wife and kids.
        Does any one have similar experience stamping their VISA from B1 to H1.

I do have W2s for last five years and have never been out of job. I currently work as Director of Anesthesia Support Services for a national anesthesia company.

Your help is appreciated!!!
        Hello there ,

Question :
        My company is expanding my current team and hiring a new team member for our Canada office , I have been asked to travel to Canada to assist with new hire training and onboarding process.
        My H1-B visa stamp expired in Oct 2016 however I have my extension I-797 approval until Oct 2019.

Can I travel to Canada for a week and return back to US on automatic visa revalidation rule ?
        Can you please share your experience with the CBP /Immigration officer at the airport ? How were you able to explain the rule to them ?

I am a bit nervous about leaving US with an expired visa and your experience might help boost confidence.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Awaiting your reply.

Best Regards,
        Sandeep

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X