Travelling to India --Urgent Pls Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India --Urgent Pls Help

My Husband is working on H1b and I am on H4 .I came to USA last year after getting my H4 Visa in chennai.Now both of our visas got expired ,we got extension for 3 years,i.e upto 2010.

Now I am going to India. I have get stamping for H4 again. Is it safe to go to india now,with extension.can i get stamping.we even got I-140 approved and waiting for prority dates.

Now i am worried about getting stamped in chennai.can u please suggest me any advice regarding this. Do i need any specific papers to be submiited at interview. My first Inteview last year went on so smooth,as I just got married and applied for H4. But I dont know how it would be now.

I got all the below documents:

I got employment verification letter for my husband from his company
    W2 forms (how many years needed)
    Pay stubs
    I-140

Do i need anything else.Please advice

my email Id :[email protected]

Thanks & regards
    Apr

If you live in the US, you can get it stamped at any US consulate in India e.g. Delhi. You need the following papers for the visa stamping:
    1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and printout of interview appointment letter.
    2. The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of your husband.
    3. Husbands' form I-129, I-797, and letter from employer that describes your relationship with the Principal Applicant and the purpose of travel.
    4. Photocopy of your husbands entire passport.
    5. Original Marriage Certificate along with your entire wedding photo album.

You need to first ask someone in India to get the HDFC fee receipt. Using the barcode on that receipt you can apply for an appointment on the VFS India website.
    On the day of the appointment, carry the papers listed above. The interview will be even more easier than the last time. Enjoy your vacation.

Comment

Letter From employer?

Why do I need my husband's employer to describe my relationship with the principal applicant?

Will it not be clear with the help of my husband's original I-797 and our original marriage certificate?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X