Passport renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal

Hi, my spouse is on H4 visa, her passport will expire in AUG2007. She is still in India and plans to join me here in April / may. Will she have to go back to India to renew her passport or she can renew the passport in US itself. I am located in NJ, USA

Passport renewal

my spouse is on H4 visa, her passport will expire in AUG2007. She is still in India and plans to join me here in April / may. Will she have to go back to India to renew her passport or she can renew the passport in US itself. I am located in NJ,

---- She can get her Passport renewed in the US

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya

Originally posted by Subramanya
      my spouse is on H4 visa, her passport will expire in AUG2007. She is still in India and plans to join me here in April / may. Will she have to go back to India to renew her passport or she can renew the passport in US itself. I am located in NJ,

Subramanya

Comment

But as the passport will be valid for 3 months when she leaves India, would that not be a problem either at India or the Port of Entry here at US ?

Originally posted by Subramanya

Subramanya

Comment

Passport validity

But as the passport will be valid for 3 months when she leaves India, would that not be a problem either at India or the Port of Entry here at US ?

---- If your wife has a valid and unexpired H4 Visa, then she can travel to the US even though the Passport is valid for only 3 months. There is no problem with this either in India or in the US at the POE

Subramanya

Comment

She may get I-94 for 3 months only. That is what happened to my husband.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X