F1 to H1 Guidance needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 Guidance needed

I am a graduate student at a business school in CA , i am graduating on 19th may and people are suggesting the h1 cap would be reached well before that, is there a separate quota for students like me ? if yes when would that get over as i cant file before 19th may.
    Please guide

Better talk to consultants.

You better approach consultants. They will tell you what is best
    for your case, as your case is little different as you are graduating in a business school. Consult 2-3 consultancies. Bye

Comment

Thanks Madmox ,appreciate it.

Comment

Yes. There is 20000 visas available for graduates of American universities. You can approach and apply for a position with any company and they will give you a appointment letter and they might add a clause saying that this is subject to your completing the graduation as they have to make sure the salary for the positions are correctly applied.

You can also check about PT training periods after graduation. ( internship). Please note that this approach is only available for 1 year.

I suggest searching for a company who would hire you and apply for your H1 and also speaking with an attorney. You can only start work after 1st of October 2007. You need to hurry as the visa application date are quite close.

Hope this helps.
        Ashwin.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice but just an opinion.
        Last edited by awinkumar; 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X