X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Certificate - H4 Visa

Hi All
    My Doubts:

1. My marriage certificate is in Marathi Language. I read in one of the forum that " If marriage certificate is not in English get it translated to English and get it Notarized." Is this important.

2. My husband has joined Company A in USA (he is there for first time in USA) now its 2 months he is there in USA. My Qs is if the VO asks about Income Tax return wat wud I say?

Please reply.
    Last edited by nickk; 03-09-2007, 07:35 AM.

1. My marriage certificate is in Marathi Language. I read in one of the forum that " If marriage certificate is not in English get it translated to English and get it Notarized." Is this important.

Ans: Yes I would suggest that you get the marriage certificate translated and notarized as it is one of the important documents that you will carry during your H4 stamping and VO needs to understand that document. I am not sure if the visa office will accept your application if the marriage is in a different language.Pls check with the Visa Office.

2. My husband has joined Company A in USA (he is there for first time in USA) now its 2 months he is there in USA. My Qs is if the VO asks about Income Tax return wat wud I say?

Ans: VO will not ask for yours or his tax returns. His recents paystubs will be asked for and his I-797 will be the document to carry. If IT papers are asked you can mention that he is there since 2 months and he does not have US tax return papers.

Hope this helps.

Ash.

Comment

H4 Marriage Certificate

So I only have to get the marriage certificate notarized.... and not again make the marriage certificate on legal paper (original marriage certificate is on legal paper) Please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X