No announcement yet.

H1 transfer affecting wife's petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer affecting wife's petition?

Hi,

I am currently on H1B status , valid till Apr 2008. my wife is on H4 visa . We have applied for a new H1 for my wife [The processing will start from 1st April 2007].

Now, I am planning to change my job which would require my H1B transfer. Correspondingly my wife's H4 should also be transfered to reflect my new employer.

If this H4 transfer is done, will that affect the H-1 application for my wife ?
    Do i need to notify this to INS while they are processing my wife's application?

Is it safe for me to change job now ?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton...
    SG

H4 and H1 issues

I am currently on H1B status , valid till Apr 2008. my wife is on H4 visa . We have applied for a new H1 for my wife [The processing will start from 1st April 2007].

Now, I am planning to change my job which would require my H1B transfer. Correspondingly my wife's H4 should also be transfered to reflect my new employer.

If this H4 transfer is done, will that affect the H-1 application for my wife ?
    Do i need to notify this to INS while they are processing my wife's application?

---- The H4 transfer has nothing to do with H1 application. Both are independent. However, you may have to request for a COS while applying for H1, else your wife may have to go out of the country to get a Visa stamped and then reenter US to maintain H1 status

Is it safe for me to change job now ?

---- Your changing of jobs has nothing to with the H1 for your wife. They are independently considered

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx for clearly my doubts.

SG

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X