Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-H1 Query. Please Help us.

We are new to this. This is our situation:
    1. My fiancée is currently in India. She applied for H1B through her employer in April 07 for job offer starting from Oct 07.
    2. We plan to gets married on June 30 (I hold an H1B).
    3. She plans to come along with me after marriage and applies for H4 (dependent) visa on July 3. Does applying for H4 affect H1B Petition applied already on her behalf by her employer and vice versa.
    4. Lets say, she gets H4 stamped and comes to US on July 15. She gets I-94 that has her status as H4.
    5. Lets say, her H1B Petition gets the approval (I-797). (We assumed that Step3 doesn’t cause any issues). How does she change her status to H1. What is the time frame for H1B Approval? She might require to get an SSN before she can work. (I assume that SSN requires I-94 to show her status as H1) What are the steps required for this change of status?

It will be really great if you can help us on this and explain us the process and problem if any with what we have planned.

Thanks in advance.

h4-H1 Issue

I am also in the same situation... My wife is currently in India and she has a an appointment for H4 visa fixed. Meanwhile USCIS has approved her h1b petition. Can she come here on H4 and change her status to H1. If so can she start working immediately or does she need to attend any embassy. does cos approval means she can start working immediately without atttending any consulate.

Please suggest very urgent............

Comment

can someone plzz help

plzzz

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X