Prevailing Wage - H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevailing Wage - H1b

1)Can an employer file for H1-b for an employee below the prevailing wage?

2)Can USCIS reject H1-b application if the H1-b papers are filed with wages less than 100%?

3)Is it employers burden to find out about prevailing wage before applying for H1-b?

I am currently employed with company A on H1-b. I was made an offer from company "B" and I accepted the offer, company B was aware of my H1-b status and offered to transfer my H1-b from company A to company B.

Now just a week before joining I get phone call from company B saying that they have not filed for transfer yet and have to change my joining date to end of April 2007. I asked my friend who works in the same company -on same title, the prevailing wage on his H1-b is more than what they offered me.

They also sent me a new offer letter with new joining date - which has a clause stating--- " this offer is subject to H1b approval/transfer, if your application is rejected for any reason, your employment with company B may terminate"

Is company B trying to get out if this offer contract in legal way for not paying prevailing wage rate to me?

Prevailing wage issues

1)Can an employer file for H1-b for an employee below the prevailing wage?

---- Yes

2)Can USCIS reject H1-b application if the H1-b papers are filed with wages less than 100%?

---- May not

3)Is it employers burden to find out about prevailing wage before applying for H1-b?

---- Yes and absolutely before filing for a H1, the employer has to find out all these details and indicate on the LCA/I-129

I am currently employed with company A on H1-b. I was made an offer from company "B" and I accepted the offer, company B was aware of my H1-b status and offered to transfer my H1-b from company A to company B.

Now just a week before joining I get phone call from company B saying that they have not filed for transfer yet and have to change my joining date to end of April 2007. I asked my friend who works in the same company -on same title, the prevailing wage on his H1-b is more than what they offered me.

They also sent me a new offer letter with new joining date - which has a clause stating--- " this offer is subject to H1b approval/transfer, if your application is rejected for any reason, your employment with company B may terminate"

Is company B trying to get out if this offer contract in legal way for not paying prevailing wage rate to me?

---- That is for you and the employer to negotiate and ascertain facts before joining and taking up the assignment

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X