Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to break my Bond....Mr. Subramaniya..Please help

Hi,
    I am in India right now and got a valid H1 (Stamped) from Company "A" but with a Bond of 25K or @ years. The only thing which I signed was the offer letter where the bond amount and duration was mentioned.

Now I got an offer from Company "B" who is ready to do my H1 Transfer but he is asking me to come to US on Company "A"'s H1 and the he will apply for H1 Transfer under "premium processing" since I dont have paystubs from Company "A". I do have SSN (from my previous travel on L1 from my current Company) Here are my questions...

1. Can Company "B" (Genuine company) transfer my H1 without any legal issue?

2. Can Company "A" will "EVER" know that I came with their H1 and then got my H1 Transfered? ( I have not given my SSN to anyone yet).

3. Am I breaking the bond by joining company B", can Company "A" ever SUE me for this?

4. Company "A" is based in East Coast while Company "B" is based in West Coast. Can my port of entry be anywhere in US or it has to be in Company "A" or "B"?
    Last edited by muda; 03-30-2007, 12:33 PM.

H1 and bond

I am in India right now and got a valid H1 (Stamped) from Company "A" but with a Bond of 25K or @ years. The only thing which I signed was the offer letter where the bond amount and duration was mentioned.

Now I got an offer from Company "B" who is ready to do my H1 Transfer but he is asking me to come to US on Company "A"'s H1 and the he will apply for H1 Transfer under "premium processing" since I dont have paystubs from Company "A". I do have SSN (from my previous travel on L1 from my current Company) Here are my questions...

1. Can Company "B" (Genuine company) transfer my H1 without any legal issue?

---- Yes, they can, provided their documentation is authentic

2. Can Company "A" will "EVER" know that I came with their H1 and then got my H1 Transfered? ( I have not given my SSN to anyone yet).

--- No, they may not know per se but if they enquire with their known sources of information they may come to know

3. Am I breaking the bond by joining company B", can Company "A" ever SUE me for this?

---- Legally, they may send you a notice, but it does not hold much water. If you do get into deeper trouble with that company you are free to contact an attorney adn teh matter can be sorted out

4. Company "A" is based in East Coast while Company "B" is based in West Coast. Can my port of entry be anywhere in US or it has to be in Company "A" or "B"?

---- It does not matter where you land in US as long as you have the appropriate documents in your posession

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X