Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds-156

Hi All,

I am going to the Chennai Consulate to get a new H1B VISA as my old H1B has expired.

I changed my employer 8 months back. My previous emplyer had filed for a labor certification petition which was approved by the DOL. Before i could begin the second stage of GC process, the company folded up and that's how i ended up with my current employer.

Now, the question for you all is a pretty simple one

On DS-156 visa application form, there is YES/NO type question

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf - Yes/No

For my situation, would the answer be a YES or a NO? Since i did not go through all the phases of the GC process, should the answer be a NO? Or since i had completed the first stage - Labor Certification - should i answer YES?

Thanks.

Green Card

I am going to the Chennai Consulate to get a new H1B VISA as my old H1B has expired.

I changed my employer 8 months back. My previous emplyer had filed for a labor certification petition which was approved by the DOL. Before i could begin the second stage of GC process, the company folded up and that's how i ended up with my current employer.

Now, the question for you all is a pretty simple one

On DS-156 visa application form, there is YES/NO type question

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant visa petition on your behalf - Yes/No

For my situation, would the answer be a YES or a NO? Since i did not go through all the phases of the GC process, should the answer be a NO? Or since i had completed the first stage - Labor Certification - should i answer YES?

---- The answer is NO, since I-140 has not been filed by teh employer and not approved by USCIS

Subramanya

Comment

Ds-156

Dear S,

Thanks a lot for your answer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X