Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help answering

Hi guys,

My name is Rishi. I came here to US last year July 2006. My employer promised me that he would get me the project as soon as I come here. Then he said that I have to wait for my SSN and after that he never got me a job till this January, not even one client interview from him... why client not even vendor's inquiry call and I got the job myself (through some of my friend's influences) this Jan end and started working from Feb 1st And he didn't pay me one single penny from July 2006 to Jan 2007 while I was in bench. And I was staying at my friend's house and my friend took care of my stay, food etc. I was even ready to work at the gas stations last Nov and Dec. Now, I dont have my pay stubs from July 2006 to Jan 2006 except for Feb 2007 and March 2007. Now he is taking lot of money from this contract and giving what was there in the offer letter (Before I come to US he said he'll give me base salary + expenses) I dont mind him earning money but without getting me even short term projects I think he's little greedy to have so much of my money. Of course pepole starts business to earn money but there should be some ethics right? Now my questions are

1. Would there be any problem if I transfer my H1 with my client because client is really interested in taking me in their payroll and they knew that I was unemployed since July 2006.
    2. Would 2 pay stubs be enough to transfer my H1?
    3. Would INS come to know that I didn't maintain my H1 status and reject that H1 transfer?
    4. Can I get my bench period salary back atleast?

In these last 10 months I've worked only for 2 months so far. If INS rejects my H1 application then all these struggling days wouldn't make sense and everything would become waste. And my friends are all in L1 and doesn't have much knowledge about H1 transfers and INS stuff. Please do help me answering these questions. I would really appreciate that great help.

Awaiting your replies!!

Regards,
    Rishi

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X