Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa, Partner not married

Hi all,
    Please can someone help me to get an answer to something i have been searching for.
    I have been sponsored by a firm in LA to get my H1B visa and if successful would start work there in October.
    The problem is that i would like to take my Partner and children but we are not married.
    Does the fact that we and not married affect her coming to the USA with me or is she still entitled to go and classified as a spouse.
    Any comments or pointers to sources of information would be extremely helpful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Simon.

H1 and Marriage

Please can someone help me to get an answer to something i have been searching for.
    I have been sponsored by a firm in LA to get my H1B visa and if successful would start work there in October.
    The problem is that i would like to take my Partner and children but we are not married.
    Does the fact that we and not married affect her coming to the USA with me or is she still entitled to go and classified as a spouse.
    Any comments or pointers to sources of information would be extremely helpful.

---- Yes, you have to be legally married to enable your spouse and children to get a H4 Visa and only then they can come to US.

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X