X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) for H1b and B1 Visa

Hi,

I have great story for H1 and B1 visas. Please read it carefully

I am working in India with MNC and I applied for H1b from US employer A and went for stamping at chennai consulate. during interview the VO gave me 221(g) (blue) stating required additional administrative processing and they took all my ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS, CLIENT DOCUMENTS AND PROJECT DETAILS AS WELL. They had doubt in education qualification. I did my B.sc in electronics.The AAP took them 1.5 years and during this time I changed my job in India from one MNC to another MNC.Now this new MNC filed my

B1 visa for training at US office. Just before my B1 stamping at delhi consulate I got a mail from chennai consulate to appear for personal interview with required documents (what a timing). Since for B1 everything was done, i went ahead for B1 visa at Delhi consulate. The VO at delhi consulate asked me several questions and finally told me that your existing petetion is pending at chennai consulate, why did you come here for the interview. I told the VO that the B1 is from different company and wherever they told I applied for stamping. Then VO told that I can not issue visa at this time, you need to go to chennai consulate for interview and gave me another 221(g) AAP this time yellow color.The B1 visa is pending just because H1b petetion is still pending otherwise I think delhi VO should have approved my B1 visa. I asked the VO whether I need to go for B1 or H1 at chennai consulate but she rudely told me that do whatever you want to do, your case is confusing.

Now I am confused on what to do since I have got 2 221(g) forms for different reasons. The US employer is ready to give me all the required documents (but I have not told him the B1 case since it happened recently). Now can you please clarify my following doubts?

1)What the chennai consulate will do since delhi consulate must have sent the B1 application for AAP

2) Which Visa should I get first to gracefully come out of this situation?

3) What are the chancing for getting H1b now after 1.5 years of AAP processing and applying for B1 visa? -- this is my biggest worry.

4) What kind of questions/clarification/documents will chennai consulate will ask for having 2 221(g) for 2 visa types?

5) If i go to chennai consulate ask me about B1 and give me and option to choose from H1b or B1?

6) What is your suggestion on which visa should be attended first?

7) Do I need to pay my visa fees again when I go for interview?

Please note that I had no bad intension for applying multiple visa and I told everything about my H1b visa to current employer. And my prospective US employer is also supportive to give me all the required documents.

I would highly appreciate if anyone can give any expert opinion. I am not able to decide anything at this moment.

1)What the chennai consulate will do since delhi consulate must have sent the B1 application for AAP

--

2) Which Visa should I get first to gracefully come out of this situation?

-- Go for H1B. Before to that I would suggest you to call the US embassy at chennai and find out if they can help you or not.

3) What are the chancing for getting H1b now after 1.5 years of AAP processing and applying for B1 visa? -- this is my biggest worry.

-- Ideally speaking, your H1b should not have any impact on your B1visa. But prepare urself with valid reasons why did change company and your H1 employer still intersted to sponsor a job... basically these kind of questions

4) What kind of questions/clarification/documents will chennai consulate will ask for having 2 221(g) for 2 visa types?

-- They wont ask you anything on your B1 visa.

5) If i go to chennai consulate ask me about B1 and give me and option to choose from H1b or B1?

-- This is a big question .... I am not sure of this. Probably you may have to ask some Immigration lawyer.

6) What is your suggestion on which visa should be attended first?

-- H1b No doubt on that

7) Do I need to pay my visa fees again when I go for interview?

-- No you don't have to pay any fees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X