H1B 6 Year term question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 6 Year term question

I do have question related to H1B 6 year term. My initial H1B was issued in Nov-2002. It got transferred 4 times till now. As per 6 year term it ends Nov-2008. Out of these 6 years, i was not in USA (in INDIA) from June-2003 to Dec-2005. My question is whether i can claim the period for which i was not in USA. And what i need to do for that.

H1B 6 years term query

This is something related to my old question. Since i already used around 2 years on my current H1B, if i go for a new H1B how much term i will get and do i need to stay outside US for 1 year?

Comment

I also have the same problem. I had H1 during 2000 and used it for 17 months and was away from US for one year.Then came here thru H4 during 2003. But i wanted to do H1 for me now, since i had H1 before and out of US for one yr, i think i can claim for another H1(only for the remaining yrs 6 yrs minus 17 months) which will not come under the cap.

I need some help in this regard.I would like to know whether i can apply for H1 anytime and can work?

Comment

H1 reclaim

I do have question related to H1B 6 year term. My initial H1B was issued in Nov-2002. It got transferred 4 times till now. As per 6 year term it ends Nov-2008. Out of these 6 years, i was not in USA (in INDIA) from June-2003 to Dec-2005. My question is whether i can claim the period for which i was not in USA. And what i need to do for that

---- Yes, you can claim this period when you apply for your H1 extension. The application you send to USCIS should make a mention of it

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X