Missing out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing out?

Since H1B cap was reached for 2008, by the time new wave of quota becomes available (April 2008, right?) my EAD would have expired. Being an F1under OPT, I only had the option of pursuing H1B this year (when I graduated). Is it a lost caused for a F1 like me, pursuing an H1B?

Is it true that "institute of higher education" employers such as universities can offer H1B petitions that are exempt from H1B annual cap-assuming of course I got a job offer?

H1 B issues

Since H1B cap was reached for 2008, by the time new wave of quota becomes available (April 2008, right?) my EAD would have expired. Being an F1under OPT, I only had the option of pursuing H1B this year (when I graduated). Is it a lost caused for a F1 like me, pursuing an H1B?

Is it true that "institute of higher education" employers such as universities can offer H1B petitions that are exempt from H1B annual cap-assuming of course I got a job offer?

---- Yes, these H1's are exempt from H1 B caps of 65,000 (general quota) and 20,000 Master's quota as these are for only non-profir and research based organizations

Subramanya

Comment

Going in circles

Awsome. I little hope, if I therefore apply for a job at a local university (I have a couple where I live)...these employers can actually file for H1B any time of year?
      I have a background in IT and some relevant exp., since quota was reached quickly, another avenue to get a hold of H1B before my opt ead expires is a university job. Is this an accurate assumption?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X