Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa renewal

Hello Sir/Ma’m

I am currently working in the United States on a H1-B visa valid until Sep 30, 2007. My company has applied for extension & got the approval for until Sep 30, 2010. I am traveling to India in May, 2007 for my wedding & will return to US on June 4, 2007.

So, can you please help in the following questions:

1) Does my future wife need to carry both my current visa & extension approval letter for getting the dependent visa (H4)?

2) Can I apply for extension during my stay in India? If yes; I am planning to attend the visa interview along with my wife.

Thanks for your support; have a nice day.

Rgds

-Satish.P

Hi

I am almost in same situation, please keep posting if you get any info on these issues

Comment

Originally posted by satti18
      He
      1) Does my future wife need to carry both my current visa & extension approval letter for getting the dependent visa (H4)?
      2) Can I apply for extension during my stay in India? If yes; I am planning to attend the visa interview along with my wife.
      Its a good idea to attend the interview with your wife. Ask her to pay the visa fees for both visas at HDFC bank and get the receipt now. With the barcode on the HDFC receipt you can get an appointment for the interview on the VFS website (preferably immediately after the wedding). If you are planning to go for the interview together (your H1b and her H4), you need to carry the I-797 and the approval papers, paystubs, wedding photographs .. About extension of your stay, you would need to talk to your company about it. If they are ok with the extension, take another 1 month off and enjoy time with both the families.

Comment

thanks for the response....

so, i can attend for my H1-B visa renewal in May, 2007 even when my current visa is valid until sep30, 2007. correct?

Comment

One clarification in this

Hey,

You could have waited till you return to US after marriage and then started filing for extension rt? That way, you could have saved some time. It is easy to get Visa Interview date for H4 if H1 is valid.
          Or is there any validity period for H4 or H1 to return to US which made you to file for extension?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X