Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for stamping after 2 year gap..Mr Subramanya Please help

Hi,
    I got my H1 approval in 2005 from Company "A" which expires in 2008, but i could not go for stamping because my current employer "B" gave me opportunity to go to US on B1 first and then L1. Now I want to get my H1 stamped but dont know will i be getting the VISA or not.

1. What kind of question should i expect from consulate on this one and what should be best answer for this. I do have current dated offer letter from Company "B" which shows that they are still interested in me.

2. Will I be getting Visa for 3 years when I go for stamping?

3. What documents (apart from visa 156,129,797, LCA) should I carry to ensure that i get my VISA. Company "B" is NOT a small company and company "A" has asked me to tell that I will be working on "inhouse project".

Thanks
    Last edited by muda; 04-14-2007, 08:04 AM.

H1 issues

I got my H1 approval in 2005 from Company "A" which expires in 2008, but i could not go for stamping because my current employer "B" gave me opportunity to go to US on B1 first and then L1. Now I want to get my H1 stamped but dont know will i be getting the VISA or not.

1. What kind of question should i expect from consulate on this one and what should be best answer for this. I do have current dated offer letter from Company "B" which shows that they are still interested in me.

---- You may have to answer why you waited so long for taking an interview for the H1 Visa and what is your purpose of an H1 now (although the queries may not be very relevant)

2. Will I be getting Visa for 3 years when I go for stamping?

---- NO, only till the validity of H1

3. What documents (apart from visa 156,129,797, LCA) should I carry to ensure that i get my VISA. Company "B" is NOT a small company and company "A" has asked me to tell that I will be working on "inhouse project".

---- All the documents as listed and so called client letters to ensure that you do not miss out on anything. If it is an inhouse project be prepared with a definition and an explanation for the same without getting a client/vendor while talking and describing your project

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X