Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few questions in filling out DS156

Hello,

I am filling out the DS156 form as part of the H4 application for my wife. I have some questions in filling out certain fields in the form.

1. She is presently working but will not be employed when she attends the interview. What should I enter in the present employer field?

2. 'How long do you intend to stay in the US?' - Is it as long as my H1 is valid which is '3 years' or is it any other time period?

3. 'Purpose of the trip'?? - Is it 'to stay with my spouse after marriage'??

I guess the last two questions are very generic that any dependent/visitor visa applicant has to fill out. Which makes it all the more sickening to answer these! Anyway, now I have to, what possible answers can I give for these questions?

Thanks
    Vijay.

H4 issues

I am filling out the DS156 form as part of the H4 application for my wife. I have some questions in filling out certain fields in the form.

1. She is presently working but will not be employed when she attends the interview. What should I enter in the present employer field?

---- The US Consulate is not concerned if your wife is working/not working at the time of interview. If you say she is working then you are honest and truthful. If you say she is not working they may question her by asking if she is going to work in the US while on H4 and some other related question. Although, it is not a must but let her be aware of this situation

2. 'How long do you intend to stay in the US?' - Is it as long as my H1 is valid which is '3 years' or is it any other time period?

---- As long as the H1 is valid which is '3 years'

3. 'Purpose of the trip'?? - Is it 'to stay with my spouse after marriage'??

---- Yes

I guess the last two questions are very generic that any dependent/visitor visa applicant has to fill out. Which makes it all the more sickening to answer these! Anyway, now I have to, what possible answers can I give for these questions?

---- What do you mean sickening? Do you wnat a Visa by filling out the aapplication or you want to make up your own questions and provide answeres to them. Your opinions can be there, but understand that there are reasons and logic behind such questions. If you feel they are not applicable to you, the forum is not the place to vent your feelings

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks

Subramanya,

Thanks for answering my questions. It helped in getting myself clarified.

I guess I had just 3 questions to ask but I got 4 answers from you, the last one being unwarranted.

Thanks again.
      Vijay.
      Last edited by balaji225; 04-24-2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X