Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Interview

Hello All,
    I am going to India next month for my marriage and I have two H1s with me. I was on bench for over 9 months with my first H1 and then I transferred my H1 to another company and have been on projects since then. I am not going to stamp my new visa as I have 3 more months left in my previous visa and my attorney also confirmed that I could use that one to come back. Which H1 approval would be good for my wife to show during her H4 visa interview? My previous visa would be a problem or new visa would be good enough to get her H4 visa approved?
    The reason for confusion is,
    I am planing to come back with my old visa as I don't have to go for stampping (lot of bench time that worries me about H4)
    I have been on projects without any breaks with my new H1

Thanks,
    Vijay
    Last edited by vanand; 04-23-2007, 02:19 PM.

H1 and H4 Visa issues

I am going to India next month for my marriage and I have two H1s with me. I was on bench for over 9 months with my first H1 and then I transferred my H1 to another company and have been on projects since then. I am not going to stamp my new visa as I have 3 more months left in my previous visa and my attorney also confirmed that I could use that one to come back. Which H1 approval would be good for my wife to show during her H4 visa interview? My previous visa would be a problem or new visa would be good enough to get her H4 visa approved?

---- You have to show (in fact your wife has to show) the latest H1 approval notice when she goes for the H4 Visa interview. If the previous H1 is shown they can track down the status and get all the details. Your wife will then be asked to show the latest H1 and after the questioning will start as to why she did not show the latest H1 at the first time

The reason for confusion is,
    I am planing to come back with my old visa as I don't have to go for stampping (lot of bench time that worries me about H4)

---- There is no confusion here and there is no need for one. You seem to be intent on not going for the H1 Visa stamping for reasons best known to you. Rest is pure speculation

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X