Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Question - Subramanya and Seniors Please Help

Hi Subramanya and Seniors ,

I have two passports , one with my maiden name and the other with my married name , my question is , while submitting my passport for the H4 interview , do i have to give both the passports or just the one with my married name on which my H4 is being applied .

My new passport says that i am previously called by the name xxxx , I have the supporting documents that show my name change owing to my marriage.

Reason i have this question is , i have travelled to the US in 2000 on a B1 which later got converted to an H1 on my maiden name and so has a US stamping , but i do not have paystubs and W2s as i was on bench , will this be any hindrance for my H4 stamping on my new passport?

If my visa gets approved ,will they take both my passports and send it back to me.

Pls advice , will be attending the interview soon , your valuable suggestions are eagerly awaited.

Thanx and Regards
    Kavita

H4 issues

I have two passports , one with my maiden name and the other with my married name , my question is , while submitting my passport for the H4 interview , do i have to give both the passports or just the one with my married name on which my H4 is being applied .

My new passport says that i am previously called by the name xxxx , I have the supporting documents that show my name change owing to my marriage.

---- The Visa will be issued in your married name if the H4 application has been filled with your married name. The latest Passport will be stamped with the Visa, as the other Passport would have been cancelled. They will take both the4 Passports to make sure that both the persons on both the Passports belong to you

Reason i have this question is , i have travelled to the US in 2000 on a B1 which later got converted to an H1 on my maiden name and so has a US stamping , but i do not have paystubs and W2s as i was on bench , will this be any hindrance for my H4 stamping on my new passport?

---- That depends on long you were on H1B and in the US.
    As such your H1 will not have any affect on your H4, as this H4 is dependent on the H1 of your spouse

If my visa gets approved ,will they take both my passports and send it back to me.

---- Yes

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx so much Subrmanya ,

i was in the US for 1 and a half years on an H1 on bench , hence have no paystubs and W2s, will this be an issue for my H4 stamping ( on new passport) on my spouses 's H1 ?

Will i have to sumbit my I-797 along with my old passport as proof of my legal stay since i first entered on a B1 , coz i did not get an H1 stamped after i came back from the US.

Now i will be attending the interview on a new passport with the name change post marriage on my husband's H1.

Thanx again
      kavita

Comment

H4 Issue - Subramanya and Seniors Pls Help

As trivial as this may sound , shud i be taking the photocopies of my spouse's I-797 , I129, LCA , pay stubs or it is mandtory that i carry all his originals with me for the interview , i'd be attending the interview by myself as my husband is right now in the US , some of them were suggesting we cud take the photocopies , pls advise.

Thanx
        kavita

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X