Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query for the seniors around

Hi All,

A company had applied for H1B for me in March 2006 and I got approval from INS on November 2006. I havent booked a date for interview until now and am planning to book for a date in mid of May.

My question is knowing that H1B is valid for 3 years after I get the stamping done the does the 3 year time start

1>from the date of approval of my petition

or

2>from the date that I get the Visa

or

3>from the date of Entry into the US.

Secondly, I am sure I would questioned for the delay in appearing for interview after approval if so what should be a suitable justification.

Honestly I was pretty occuppied with my current job and recently my H1B petioner came back to me asking to appear for an interview.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone please reply to my question please, I am in a tricky situation and - HELP!

Comment

Visa validity

A company had applied for H1B for me in March 2006 and I got approval from INS on November 2006. I havent booked a date for interview until now and am planning to book for a date in mid of May.

My question is knowing that H1B is valid for 3 years after I get the stamping done the does the 3 year time start

1>from the date of approval of my petition

or

2>from the date that I get the Visa

or

3>from the date of Entry into the US.

---- The 3 year clock has already started the day the petition was approved. It has a start date and an end date

Secondly, I am sure I would questioned for the delay in appearing for interview after approval if so what should be a suitable justification.

---- You wanted to delay the start of your assignment due to personal commitments and negotiation with the employer as they were unable to place you immediately due to lack of client support and other issues about the company (assuming that you and youremployer are from the IT industry)

Honestly I was pretty occuppied with my current job and recently my H1B petioner came back to me asking to appear for an interview.

---- All this is your personal matter and your negotiation of terms with the employer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X