Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Reset?

Hi,
    I am working here on H1B and my visa is getting expired in Oct 07. My employer is going to apply for extension of my H1B now. However, I will be moving back to India and work for the same employer in India for around (more than) one year from Oct 07.

In this situation, what happens to my H1B visa time frame? Will it get reset and will I be eligible for 6 more years after spending one year in India or will it be just the left over 3 years (I will have used up the three years by OCT 07).

Please reply...seniors in this forum please reply.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, just sharing my point of view.

You will have 3 years remaining on the H1. Dont bother much about the H1b visa status. Since you already have an H1 and are moving back, you can easily get future H1bs if need be. Concentrate on your career for now since there will be plenty of good opportunities in India. All the best.

Comment

leifbo****,

Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to find out about the time-frame reset. Just wanted to make sure if I have 3 years or 6 years. In fact, the decision to go back is my own and not my employer's. Still, it helps to know what we have on our plate!

Thanks again, appreciate your reply.

Note:
      I have read many of your posts which are informative...especially the ones about the importance of foreign exchange wrt to India. Thanks for the same.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, just sharing my point of view.

Comment

Thanks. I too am looking for the right opportunity in the land of opportunities - India. Planning to run away from the US as soon as I find it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X