Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 transferred at he same time H4 also ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transferred at he same time H4 also ?

Recently i have transferred my H1 from employer A to employer B,at the same time weather i need to (apply) transfer my dependent (wife) H4 to employer B.

As I-94 for the H4 (my wife ) is still valid upto Oct-2007, and I-94 for H1 is valid till 0ct-2009.In this case what and when i have to apply for the extension for H4 and what is the process.If H1 transferred to the employer B ,H4 also transferred automatically or we need to apply seperately. Who has to apply for the extension my Employer or can i have todo seperately.

If we can do our own without employer intervention ,please let me know the process. Pls Help.
    Last edited by mohanp99; 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM.

H1 and H4 issues

Recently i have transferred my H1 from employer A to employer B,at the same time weather i need to (apply) transfer H4 to employer B.As I-94 for the H4 is still valid upto Oct-2007, and I-94 for H1 is valid till 0ct-2009.In this case what and when i have to apply for the extension for H4 and what is the process.If H1 transferred to the employer B ,H4 also transferred automatically or we need to apply seperately. Pls Help

---- Ideally there may not be a need to apply for H4 extnsion at this point of time since it valid till Oct. 2007. In the strict sense of the term H4 is never transferred, it is only extended and that extension is alwasy based on the H1 for the principal applicant

---- By your posting you seem to be telling the forum that you have both H1 and H4 for yourself. Isn't the H4 for your family?

---- If the H1 is transferred to company B, H4 is not automatically transferred as it has to be applied for on a separate form (I-539). This may be done by your employer or by you depending on your terms with the employer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X