Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - I94 - Very Very Urgent - Pls help

Hi,

Thanks for all the help I have got thru this site before.

I have a very critical situation.

I have two I-94, since I transferred my H1B and I have only my old employer's stamping on my passport. Now I am in Chennai and planning to return this weekend. Now only I noticed from one of the forum that I have to submit both of my I-94 when I was leaving US. I had submitted my Old I-94 but not the new I-94.

My Questions are
    1. At the port of entry what are all the documents should I have to show to the V.O?
    2. Should I have to show the old employer's H1b papers + old employer's visa stamping?
    3. Or Should I have to show the new employer's H1b papers + old employer's visa stamping?
    4. If the V.O. at POE asked about the I-94 in my new H1B paper(which I didnt submit when leaving US), what should I tell him?

Seniors please help me on this.
    Thanks in advance.

I-94

Thanks for all the help I have got thru this site before.

I have a very critical situation.

I have two I-94, since I transferred my H1B and I have only my old employer's stamping on my passport. Now I am in Chennai and planning to return this weekend. Now only I noticed from one of the forum that I have to submit both of my I-94 when I was leaving US. I had submitted my Old I-94 but not the new I-94.

My Questions are
    1. At the port of entry what are all the documents should I have to show to the V.O?

---- The Visa, Passport (if prompted the I-797 for H1)

2. Should I have to show the old employer's H1b papers + old employer's visa stamping?

---- NO. The Visa is already stamped on the Passport and tehre is no need for you to show it separately. If it is different Passport the current Passport and a Valid and unexpired Visa are all that are required

3. Or Should I have to show the new employer's H1b papers + old employer's visa stamping?

---- Show your current valid Visa to whomever it belongs

4. If the V.O. at POE asked about the I-94 in my new H1B paper(which I didnt submit when leaving US), what should I tell him?

---- There is no VO at the POE. There will be only an Immigration Officer and a Customs Officer. They will issue an I-94 till the validity date of your H1. They will not ask for your previous I-94's asn there is no need for you show them the I-94s.

---- Once you enter the US, mail all your previous I-94's to the USCIS office to the address as listed on their website

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot Subramanya

Subramanya,

Thanks for your timely help!

I appreciate this site and site member's help.

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Comment

Thanks a lot Subramanya

Hi,

I have entered back into US.
        The immigration officer asked just my passport to see the valid visa.
        But he didnt give the I-94 date as per company B (till 2009).
        He gave me only till sep 07 because thats what its there in my visa with company A.
        I will be travelling again next month.

Anyway thanks for clearing my doubts at the earliest.
        Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X