Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWOP on expired visa - Doubt - What to fill in the form DS-156/157

Hi,

I got my H1B stamped in mid 2001 but never used it to enter the US due to personal obligations. It expired in Dec 2003.

I came for a short business trip in Feb 2007 (I got a 10 yr multi entry B1/B2 in Feb 2007). At POE, the officer wrote CWOP ("Cancelled without perjudice") on my expired H1B and I was allowed to enter for my training and architecture meetings. Now my company is applying for an L1 and in the form there's a question that asks :

"Has your Visa ever been Cancelled?Revoked?" Yes/No. If Yes, please explain.

What sould I write there? I'm confused. Some experts, please suggest what should be filled there. I think the CWOP is just because I did not use it and it expired. Am i right? Does it count as a cancellation? Will it have any impact?

Thanks & Regards,
    Subrahmanyam.

all is fine...

../ there is no problem in your case..
    you will be easily through....just write no there...

not legal advise...

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. Any more senior and exp. members Mr Subrahmanya, can you please add your valuable comments too? Thanks.

Comment

Cwop

I got my H1B stamped in mid 2001 but never used it to enter the US due to personal obligations. It expired in Dec 2003.

I came for a short business trip in Feb 2007 (I got a 10 yr multi entry B1/B2 in Feb 2007). At POE, the officer wrote CWOP ("Cancelled without perjudice") on my expired H1B and I was allowed to enter for my training and architecture meetings. Now my company is applying for an L1 and in the form there's a question that asks :

"Has your Visa ever been Cancelled?Revoked?" Yes/No. If Yes, please explain.

What sould I write there? I'm confused. Some experts, please suggest what should be filled there. I think the CWOP is just because I did not use it and it expired. Am i right? Does it count as a cancellation? Will it have any impact?

---- Once a Visa has expired on a Passport it is normally cancelled by stamping CWOP just to make sure that you do not use that Visa anymore. It has no relevance for any application, nor does it mean tht your Visa has been refused/rejected. However, when you fill an application you will write NO for the question "Has your Visa ever been Cancelled?Revoked?" Yes/No. If Yes, please explain"

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X