EB1C - Urgent Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1C - Urgent Help needed

I am from India and my company has offices both in US and India. I came to US under L1 visa as a intera company transfer from India to US office. My Green Card case has been filed under EB1C category as Multinational Manager and my role in the organization is that of Project Manager, managing development activities in India and marketing/ sales activities in US.

Now there are some changes taking place in the company and it seems that I will have to move from the company head office in San Jose, California US due to cost cutting needs.

There are two options that I have..
    (1) Move to another state where my company doesn't have an office and assist in Sales operations alongwith performing my normal tasks.. In this case I would stay on payrol of US branch although my state tax would cut from a different state than where our main office is... Please note that in this state there is no office of our company and I would working from home and building the sales potential..
    (2) Move to India (Calcutta) where our Indian head office is located and development team is residing and manage the team there. In doing so, I will be an employee of Indian office and my payroll would be coming from India, rather than US.

According to my lawyer, option (2) is better as under the type of L1 visa that I have and my specific GC catagory i.e. EB1c there is a provision to work at different locations as a multinational manager. According to lawyer, if this is a temporary move and i can explain that this for certain business needs that I had to move to India, than this has no issues.

I am not sure if that is the right decision or not? I want to chose an option which doesn't effects my GC case. Can someone please help me with this unique situation?

Thank you so much for all your help on this....

Update

Originally posted by koolibra View Post
    I am from India and my company has offices both in US and India. I came to US under L1 visa as a intera company transfer from India to US office. My Green Card case has been filed under EB1C category as Multinational Manager and my role in the organization is that of Project Manager, managing development activities in India and marketing/ sales activities in US.

Now there are some changes taking place in the company and it seems that I will have to move from the company head office in San Jose, California US due to cost cutting needs.

There are two options that I have..
    (1) Move to another state where my company doesn't have an office and assist in Sales operations alongwith performing my normal tasks.. In this case I would stay on payrol of US branch although my state tax would cut from a different state than where our main office is... Please note that in this state there is no office of our company and I would working from home and building the sales potential..
    (2) Move to India (Calcutta) where our Indian head office is located and development team is residing and manage the team there. In doing so, I will be an employee of Indian office and my payroll would be coming from India, rather than US.

According to my lawyer, option (2) is better as under the type of L1 visa that I have and my specific GC catagory i.e. EB1c there is a provision to work at different locations as a multinational manager. According to lawyer, if this is a temporary move and i can explain that this for certain business needs that I had to move to India, than this has no issues.

I am not sure if that is the right decision or not? I want to chose an option which doesn't effects my GC case. Can someone please help me with this unique situation?

Thank you so much for all your help on this....
    Hi,
    I am very curious which solution you have taken and what was the outcome.
    I am in similar situation and would like to learn from your experience.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X