Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on surrending I-94 while leaving

Hi
    I have question on surrending I-94 card at airport while leaving US airport. I know while leaving US, we must surrender the original I-94 (white paper) given by USCIS inspector at the time of our entry. But if we extended I-94 multiple times, shoud we hand over the I-94 portions in the approval notices (I-797) too? Instructions in I-797 says that I-94 portion of it should be removed and stapled to original I-94. Back of I-94 portion of I-797 says "it must be surrendred while leaving"

so question is whether to surrender only original I-94 card or all I-94 cards (original + I-94 portions in I-797) at the airport?

Please help. Thanks

raj

follow-up

i checked with my attorney.. he asked me to surrender only white i-94. not all other I-94 attached to I-797..Also my friends told me that they surrendered only white i-94 only..they didn't have any problem on getting visa stamping in india or coming to usa. Infact they said their companies are asking not to surrender I-94 portions of I-797

I am still confused on this

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rajmall
      Back of I-94 portion of I-797 says "it must be surrendred while leaving"

so question is whether to surrender only original I-94 card or all I-94 cards (original + I-94 portions in I-797) at the airport?

raj
      From personal experience: staple the I-797 "replacement" I94 together with the original I94. Surrender it all at the airport.

I did that about 6 months ago, before going back to my country to apply for a new visa stamp - no problems leaving, no problems applying, no problems returning.

And yeah, checked with our immigration attorney 1st - his answer was short and to the point: "it says to staple it to the I94 - which part of that you DON'T UNDERSTAND?"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X