Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B issue

Hello Friends,
    I am on H1B and my extension has been filed for H1B in March 2007. My first 3 year period expired on April 13th 2007. My wife's H4 extension was done on March 20th 2007.

In the mean time she got a job and her company has processed her H1B and she got her H1B papers including her I-94. Her H1B starts from July1st, 2007 and her H1B does not count under the quota limit.

The question is now that her H4 is still not processed. Now suppose so it gets processed and gets accepted, will her new H4 status invalidate her H1B that she recieved from her employer.

If so what is the remedy to this?
    Will amending her H4 application to end on June 30, 2007 be sufficient to keep her working on her H1B from July 1st, 2007.
    Thank you for your responses. You quick response can help us immensely.
    Vamsi

H1 and H4 issues

I am on H1B and my extension has been filed for H1B in March 2007. My first 3 year period expired on April 13th 2007. My wife's H4 extension was done on March 20th 2007.

In the mean time she got a job and her company has processed her H1B and she got her H1B papers including her I-94. Her H1B starts from July1st, 2007 and her H1B does not count under the quota limit.

The question is now that her H4 is still not processed. Now suppose so it gets processed and gets accepted, will her new H4 status invalidate her H1B that she recieved from her employer.

Will amending her H4 application to end on June 30, 2007 be sufficient to keep her working on her H1B from July 1st, 2007.

---- The H1 has been approved and assuming that your wife has a H4 valid till the end of June, she need not be worried.

---- Getting an approved H1 will not invalidate her H4. As far as the application for H4 is concerned, you may write a letter to USCIS quoting your receipt #, application date etc. to stop processing her H4 (provided her H4 is already valid and unexpired till the ned of June 07)

Subramanya

Comment

Hello Subramanya,
      Thanks for the reply. The situation here is that, My wife's H1B beginning from July1 2007 is already approved. Her first H4B expired on April 13th 2007. And hence we filed for an extension of her h4. So if she gets her H4B - the period will be from April 14th, 2007 to about 3 yrs I think.

But since this is going to come after her h1B approval, will this invalidate her H1B. Will she be able to work on H1B from July. I am hoping that you will reply back or kindly redirect me to some online resource where I can look this up.
      thanks
      Vamsi Alla

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- The H1 has been approved and assuming that your wife has a H4 valid till the end of June, she need not be worried.

---- Getting an approved H1 will not invalidate her H4. As far as the application for H4 is concerned, you may write a letter to USCIS quoting your receipt #, application date etc. to stop processing her H4 (provided her H4 is already valid and unexpired till the ned of June 07)

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X