Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 to H1, H1 is pending, can I travel to India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1, H1 is pending, can I travel to India?

Hai currently I am on F1 in the USA for the last one year, my F1 visa is valid untill July 2010. Recently I applied for H1, my H1 application is accepted but it is in pending, not yet approved. I bought flight tickets to travel to india in the month of June for one month ( I will return to US in July). Here what I want to know is that can I travel to India when my H1 is in pending and can I return to US on my current F1. What if I return to US on F1 visa, can I work here on my H1 if it gets approved later. Thank you very much. I will be waiting for your reply.

H1 approval

Hai currently I am on F1 in the USA for the last one year, my F1 visa is valid untill July 2010. Recently I applied for H1, my H1 application is accepted but it is in pending, not yet approved. I bought flight tickets to travel to india in the month of June for one month ( I will return to US in July). Here what I want to know is that can I travel to India when my H1 is in pending and can I return to US on my current F1. What if I return to US on F1 visa, can I work here on my H1 if it gets approved later. Thank you very much. I will be waiting for your reply.

---- Generally, it is not advisable to travel overseas when your H1 application is pending. The better option would be to travel after your H1 is approved and before returning back to the US, seek an appointment for the H1 Visa, get it stamped on your Passport and then return to the US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X