Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 extension and H4 to H1 transfer, Please help asap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension and H4 to H1 transfer, Please help asap?

I have few questions in regards to my H1 and my wife's H4 to H1

1. I came to US in 2005 Jan on H1b (Valid from Oct 1, 2004 until Sep 30, 2007) with employer A and transferred my H1 to employer B in 2005 and recieved the new 797 with I-94 (valid from Aug' 06 until Sep, 2009). But I havent got stamped the new visa from employer B in my passport.

My wife is in US on H4 (based on my H1 with employer A) and her H4 is valid until Sep 30, 2007 as well.
    We have applied for her H1 and we got the reciept for the same in last week.

Q. Now, if I have to go to India for couple of weeks (will be back before end of June'07) , can my wife accompany me ??

Q. Do I need to get a new H1-B visa stamped in my passport based on 797 from my employer B if I travel to India??

Q. Finally when does my six year period of H1 ends and also If my wife gets her H1 when does her six period ends?

Please advise....

Thanks very much !!

My H1b visa stamp runs for the same period as yours. I changed employers in 2006 and have been out of the country and back twice since. All you have to do is carry your new I-797 and show it to the visa officer at port of entry while coming back to US. It will be only after September 30th, 2007 you will need to restamp H1B visa in your passport if you need to travel outside of US.

Thank you

Comment

H1 extension and H4 to H1 transfer, Please help asap?

Thanks Max. But I would really appreciate if someone can also answer my other doubts. Also I want to know what's the process for the second 3 year visa extension and what fee do I need to pay?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X