Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second H1-B

Hi,

I am currently working full time with employer A on H1-B which is valid till Dec 2008. Another company (lets say B) is trying to hire me part time for 20 hrs a week. My questions are

1. Does company B have to start a new H1- petition?
    2. Can Company B use Employer A's H1-B for work authorization?
    3. Will it affect my GC process in any way? (currently 140 processing)

Thanks in advance

Ask the second employer to pay you in cash so you don't need to pay tax on the extra 20 hours. Or if you have friends/family on GC/citizenship ask company B to run the payroll for your friend and then your friend can pay you later. Dont worry abt the GC. You never know about tomorrow.. so make your $$ today.
    Last edited by leifbooger; 05-17-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
      Ask the second employer to pay you in cash so you don't need to pay tax on the extra 20 hours. Or if you have friends/family on GC/citizenship ask company B to run the payroll for your friend and then your friend can pay you later. Dont worry abt the GC. You never know about tomorrow.. so make your $$ today.
      Thanks Leifbo****! Company B is a big corporation and paying cash or back door payment is totally out of question. What is the rule for H1?

Comment

On H1, you can work for only one employer.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
          On H1, you can work for only one employer.
          That is not true as far I know. I have had colleagues working on 2 H1-B at a time. Is this some recent change?
          Last edited by ebizash; 05-17-2007, 10:18 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X