Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Transfer issue

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank this site ans site members for helping me out.

My wife has got her H4 visa stamping with company A which is valid till Sep 2009. But she will be travelling to US for the first time only on july 2007.

Now, I want to transfer my H1 to company B from company A by end of May 2007.
    Should I transfer her H4 visa also?
    Can I transfer my H1 and she can still be on company A's visa?

My company B employer is telling me that its not necessary to transfer her visa.

Please guide me on this.

H4 issues

First of all, I would like to thank this site ans site members for helping me out.

My wife has got her H4 visa stamping with company A which is valid till Sep 2009. But she will be travelling to US for the first time only on july 2007.

Now, I want to transfer my H1 to company B from company A by end of May 2007.
    Should I transfer her H4 visa also?

---- You may not be permitted to transfer your wife's H4 Visa if she is not in the US. Once she comes to US you can do that

Can I transfer my H1 and she can still be on company A's visa?

---- Yes this can be done and your employer is right in that context

My company B employer is telling me that its not necessary to transfer her visa.

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot Subramanya.

I really appreciate your timely help.

Comment

Travel on H4 while H1 transfer of husband is in process

Hi
        I am also in same boat.
        My husband has transferred H1 in the first month of arrival to USA. His H1 transfer is in process and he has not got approval till now. But he has joined new employer and working on a project. He has also got three paystubs now.

Me and my son have H4 stamped on our passport from previous employer.
        Can we travel on visa from previous employer.

What all documents i need to carry along with me?

Do i need to carry any documents from new employer. And 0.1% if old H1 had been cancelled by previous employer, what will happen?

and last do i need to carry paystubs from new employer? and if yes is it fine to carry xerox of the paystubs

Pls reply

Harry

Comment

H4 visa is not related to the employer, but related to H1 primary. There is no such thing as H4 transfer

So the only thing you need is a copy of new H1 approval and can travel without any problems. The new approval is needed so that you get I-94 for same date as the H1 holder. Otherwise it is possible that you may not renew the visa in timely manner.

Comment

travelling on H4 while H1 is transfer is in progress: Subramanya Please Help

Hi,
            I have posted this query earlier also. But I am confused. Please help me.

Situation is:

My husband has applied for H1 transfer within one month of arrival to Usa as old employer was not able to get him a project.His case is in California service center he has not got the receipt notice till now. Receiving date is May 1, 2007.

We know the Receipt number and tracked the case. It is showing "Case received and pending".

Me and my son are in India. Can we travel on H4 from previous employer(already stamped)? we are travelling for the first time .

If i travel on old H4, will immigration people ask abt pay stubs?
            He does not have any paystubs from previous employer.

Do I need to carry some docs, If yes what are those?

should i disclose the H1 transfer?

Pls help, its very urgent.....

Subramanya Please help
            Last edited by Harry55022; 06-27-2007, 05:30 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X