Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of dependent visa to working visa

Hi,

I have a H4 visa but I need to convert it to working visa.I wanted to know that which visa i shud ask to my employer to apply so that i can work in US with my employer .Another important factor is that i want to travel at an earliest.Also my stay will be minimum for an year.

Kindly reply at an earliest as it is really urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Pallavi

I have a H4 visa but I need to convert it to working visa.I wanted to know that which visa i shud ask to my employer to apply so that i can work in US with my employerAnother important factor is that i want to travel at an earliest.Also my stay will be minimum for an year. I there a way that i reach us on h4 and then have my visa converted to L1? in that case will h4 still hold?

Kindly reply at an earliest as it is really urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Pallavi[/QUOTE]

Comment

H4 and L1

I have a H4 visa but I need to convert it to working visa.I wanted to know that which visa i shud ask to my employer to apply so that i can work in US with my employerAnother important factor is that i want to travel at an earliest.Also my stay will be minimum for an year. I there a way that i reach us on h4 and then have my visa converted to L1? in that case will h4 still hold?

---- Why would you apply for a L1 when you are in the US? This is ageneral case of coming to the US one way or the other and then latching on to some Visa status for working. Why can't you apply for a L1 while you are overseas as a minimum of 1 year's experience is necessary for L1

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya
        ---- Why would you apply for a L1 when you are in the US? This is ageneral case of coming to the US one way or the other and then latching on to some Visa status for working. Why can't you apply for a L1 while you are overseas as a minimum of 1 year's experience is necessary for L1

Subramanya
        Small correction - one year working for the company sponsoring for L1 is required.

Comment

Thanks Subramanya!!

I have been working with his company in India for 1.5 yrs now.
          The constraint is time.
          I already have H4 with me and so I can travel to US as early as 1st June.But if I apply for L1 I think it will take another 1 month which would mean I need to be in India for another one month.
          Instead if I cud goto US and then apply for L1 there and get it stamped in US itself.Is this possible or not?
          If yes then say after some time I resign from my company at that time will H4 be valid or both visa will get void.

Plz help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X