H1B Interview for I797 issued in Sep-2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Interview for I797 issued in Sep-2006

My wife received I797 in September 2006 but couldn't go for the visa interview as we had plans of staying back in India at that time. Now we have decided to move to US provided visa formalities are thru.

Following is the situation and are the documents that she has, please suggest what additional prepartion she needs if she attends the interview in July-2007 timeframe at Chennai.

1.Received I797 (&I129 related documents) in September; her consultant sent the following documents
    a.Employment Offer Letter dated Sep-2006
    b.Project Details (inhouse) & project credentials dated sep-2006
    c.closed cover with tax documents (probably of 2005)
    d.Letter from consultant to visa officer requesting visa; dated sep-2006

Question - All these documents are dated old, is it required to get new documents now?

2.My wife went to Delhi consulate for H4 stamping in Aug-2006 but was redirected to Chennai as her residence was in Bangalore. She didn't attempt interview in Chennai as we had put travel plans on hold due to personal reasons. Delhi consulate stamped 'Application Received' in the passport and
    redirected to Chennai consulate.

Question - Is this (incomplete H4) a problem if she attends visa interview for H1 now?

3.Apart from the above, what additional documents do you suggest to carry while attending the interview?

Appreciate your response.

Can someone please respond to my queries. Overall, I want to know what specifically needs to be considered while attending an interview for I797 issued in 2006.

Comment

Visa queries

My wife received I797 in September 2006 but couldn't go for the visa interview as we had plans of staying back in India at that time. Now we have decided to move to US provided visa formalities are thru.

Following is the situation and are the documents that she has, please suggest what additional prepartion she needs if she attends the interview in July-2007 timeframe at Chennai.

1.Received I797 (&I129 related documents) in September; her consultant sent the following documents
      a.Employment Offer Letter dated Sep-2006
      b.Project Details (inhouse) & project credentials dated sep-2006
      c.closed cover with tax documents (probably of 2005)
      d.Letter from consultant to visa officer requesting visa; dated sep-2006

Question - All these documents are dated old, is it required to get new documents now?

---- Get all the above documents updated and only then proceed for the interview as these coduments will be considered old and invalid

2.My wife went to Delhi consulate for H4 stamping in Aug-2006 but was redirected to Chennai as her residence was in Bangalore. She didn't attempt interview in Chennai as we had put travel plans on hold due to personal reasons. Delhi consulate stamped 'Application Received' in the passport and
      redirected to Chennai consulate.

Question - Is this (incomplete H4) a problem if she attends visa interview for H1 now?

---- That is a non-issue. just attend the interview with relevant and updated documents

3.Apart from the above, what additional documents do you suggest to carry while attending the interview?

---- LCA (labor condition application) from the employer. if you do not have ask your employer to provide a copy. Be prepared with a reason for not taking up the H1 before and ensure that the employer has held the job for your wife

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X