Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our case not selected!!

Hi friends,

At the beginning of this year, myself and my husband had filed our h1b though a consultancy firm. We deposited 60000/- for the processing. They told us that they will inform us as soon as our case got selected. But, last month we got to know that both of our applications were not selected by the lottery. They also returned our money back.

We were so much optimistic that we never gave a thought about this kind of mishap. We got offer from 4 consultancy firms, but apply through a single one. Now after all this, we are very very upset and frustrated. So friends, this is our story in gist.

Both of us want to work abroad. Can you please suggest what we can do now. It will be very helpful if you can give us information about other courtiers as well.

Our best wishes for all those lucky applicant who finally got selected. And sympathy for those who are struggling with the same situation like us.

Please reply.
    Arpita

Sorry to hear about your loss. Do hope you find another way

Comment

Think on the brigher side Arpita. You and your husband still have good jobs. Many people get H1bs, quit their fulltime jobs and come to the US to sit on the bench and never get paid.

Comment

if you are earning good in Rs. and your job profile is good, then my view is not to go with any H1 or no need to go to US for better job. Life is very tough in US specially with Desi consultants, there are so many small small issues that will disturb your day to day activity and your mind. any way if you want to go to US, find good consultant who will not charge any money for H1.

Best of Luck.

LeoStar.

Comment

Courage!

Some one getting H1B this year depended on the 'random lottery' and I do believe it has nothing to do with the consultants.

You may try again next year and if you are unhappy with the present consultant, look for some one better.

USA is still considered as a 'greener pasteur' and so I keep trying, if you think it is still a greener pasteur.

Comment

Thank you friends!

Thank you friends for your response... YES, we will keep trying...

Good Luck!
            Arpita.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpita2007
              Both of us want to work abroad. Can you please suggest what we can do now. It will be very helpful if you can give us information about other courtiers as well.
              Have you given any thought to Australia? If both you and your husband hold a bachelor (or better) degree, speak & write english, and are on the SOL list, are younger than 35 years old, you would be in good shape.

And, unlike the US, aliens can apply for permanent residency after a couple of years of being on a work visa - and processing times are around one year. Very few people get turned down for permanent residency.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X