Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Dates for July

Dear Friends,

I am trying to secure an interview date at Chennai consulate for my fiancee in India for July. We desperately need a date between 11th and 15th, but these are the only open dates today. I heard dates for July only opened up 2 days ago!! It will be at least until Tuesday/Wednesday before I can book a date (because I only paid my Visa fee today and got the voucher). I'm afraid these 5 dates will get closed by then. Further I am not sure whether dates AFTER 15th have not been opened YET, or whether they have ALREADY been TAKEN.

My question to anyone who has watched these dates closely now o before: do I have any reason to be afraid? Have you or anyone you know secured dates after 15th, or have these dates not yet been opened? What is the general pattern of opening dates? (like do they open up 1 week at a time or 1 month) Or is it just some officer's whim and fancy?

I would appreciate some light from anyone.

Thanks in advance,

Shyam
    Last edited by shyamss; 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM.

Another H4 question

Also a related small question:
    Generally how long does it take after the interview to get the passport back? (we are going to the Chennai consulate).

Best Regards
    Shyam

Comment

As of now, the visa dates in july have been opened till 15th. the dates after 15th are not open yet. infact, i am looking for dates in the first week of july! though there is no reason to be surprised, I still was, looking at 5 dates being filled in one night! I am not sure if the dates in the first week of july were opened at all. Do you or anyone know?

anyway, you should get your visa back hopefully the same day or the very next day if you go in person to the vfs office in cenotaph road.

regards,
      vijay.

Comment

i think(hope)there is no reason to be afraid. it is better to fill out the DS156 and 157, once you get the HDFC receipt activated, and be at the last stage of the application process where you have to confirm the date. If you continue looking for dates, there will be lots of shuffling and reshuffling going around. So, once any of the dates you want opens up, all you will have to do is to click "confirm appointment". In that way, you save up your time.

vijay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X