Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go on B-1 before getting the H1B stamped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go on B-1 before getting the H1B stamped.

I got my H1 filed through one of the employer in US for 2008 quota. Presently the filing status shows "Approval notice sent". My present employer in India wants me to travel to US on a B1 visa for a span of 3 months.
    Will this be a problem for my H1 visa stamping which will be scheduled around October?
    Is it legal to go to US on B1 while the H1 is being processed???
    will there be any issues at the port of entry if i travel on B1???

Originally posted by gbk
    I got my H1 filed through one of the employer in US for 2008 quota. Presently the filing status shows "Approval notice sent". My present employer in India wants me to travel to US on a B1 visa for a span of 3 months.
    Will this be a problem for my H1 visa stamping which will be scheduled around October?
    will there be any issues at the port of entry if i travel on B1???
    You should not have any problem traveling to USA on b1 while your h1b is under process. But they should not suspect that you are going there for "work" purpose.

Comment

B1 travel

will there be any issues at the port of entry if i travel on B1

---- Ultimately, you have to get the H1 Visa stamp on your Passport if you want to work in the US on H1 Visa. That means, you come to US on B1 and have to return back to India to get the H1 Visa stamp on your Passport

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X