Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need clarification on H1-B

Hi,

My petition for H1B got approved in October 2006. I got H1-B visa in Feb 2007. I couldn't go to USA because of some personal reasons. I am planning to go to USA in August 2007.My employer says that my Visa will be revoked if I dont reach as soon as possible i.e before July. Can any one please tell me if there is a strict guide line from INS that the VISA should be revoked if the employer is not there in US with in stipulated time of stamping ( say 6 months after Visa issual date) or is it on Employer's discretion. Plese give me some head's up ASAP.

Thanks

Originally posted by sriz4u
    Hi,

My petition for H1B got approved in October 2006. I got H1-B visa in Feb 2007. I couldn't go to USA because of some personal reasons. I am planning to go to USA in August 2007.My employer says that my Visa will be revoked if I dont reach as soon as possible i.e before July. Can any one please tell me if there is a strict guide line from INS that the VISA should be revoked if the employer is not there in US with in stipulated time of stamping ( say 6 months after Visa issual date) or is it on Employer's discretion. Plese give me some head's up ASAP.

Thanks
    The employer needs you there for some project that he would like you to work on, so it is upto the employer when he wants you to be there.

You can enter usa anytime as long as the visa & other docs are valid.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X