• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check list / points for new comers planning for first H1B trip

Dear all..
    can you pl.. Provide me ,check list / points for new comer to US on H1B
    i know i can get from https://www.immihelp.com/newcomer-to-usa-guide/

But i need the things that need to Bring and things like ...
    1) is it advisable to get international driving license India ( for easy US driving license )
    2) medical insurance
    3) cash to bring ( if you trying new job for 3 months )

ect...

raju

H1 queries

can you pl.. Provide me ,check list / points for new comer to US on H1B
    i know i can get from https://www.immihelp.com/newcomer-to-usa-guide/

But i need the things that need to Bring and things like ...
    1) is it advisable to get international driving license India ( for easy US driving license )

---- You should know the rules and regulations for the state where you will be driving. the Indian Driving Licence is good for records, but can you drive and if you get caught for violation of traffic rules, you pay dearly. Moreover, you should get vehicle insurance which is expensive in certain States in the US. In this context your international driving license is only a piece of paper (or a document, a card or whatever form and shape it is) and of course remember and keep in mind that you should have insurance for the vehicle

2) medical insurance

---- Ask your employer what are the options and from when they will cover you. Normally it is a 3 months lag period. If you do not have serious medical problems and issues, you need not take any medical insurance. But, if you are involved in an accident and injured within these 3 months (even slightly) you pay for the medical expenses all through your life (for yourself, family members adn the victims involved), unless you earn a hetfy income in millions

3) cash to bring ( if you trying new job for 3 months )

---- There is no need to bring any cash (except for nominal expenses) unless your employer is not going to pay you from day 1. If you are trying for a new job within 3 months then it is your headache, nobody can help these matters. You seem to be looking for a new employer even before coming to the US and if your are succesful ask that employer to look after you, take care of you etc.

---- The forum can only help you to uncderstand what you can do and not dictate terms and conditions about employment, pay and many other isseu that apply for a Visa status

---- Also remember that you do not want to reveal many things out of ignorance, just to find the ideas, and a host of other matters which you cannot even post

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X