Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer while Extension is in Process

Hi All,

I would highly appreciate if someone can anwser to this question of mine.

I am currently working for company A.
    My visa got expired in May 2007, and company A have filed for the extension of the same and I have received the receipt. But the extension is in process and will take couple of more months to get completed.

My question is, can I file for a Visa transfer to company B while the extension is still in Process.

H1 transfer

I would highly appreciate if someone can anwser to this question of mine.

I am currently working for company A.
    My visa got expired in May 2007, and company A have filed for the extension of the same and I have received the receipt. But the extension is in process and will take couple of more months to get completed.

My question is, can I file for a Visa transfer to company B while the extension is still in Process.

---- Absolutely, not a problem. Go ahead and file for a transfer to a company of your choice or a company offering to transfer your H1. Getting a H1 is your business and not the company's

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya for you Reply.

Though I am not concerned about my current company's stand on this.

I am thinking from a legal stad point. How can I file for a visa transfer since my current visa is expired and I do not have petition for the extended visa.

Thanks..

Comment

I am also in same position

Hi, Pl. let me know if you find answer for this since I am also in same position.

My situation is current employer has filled H1 extension and future company has also filed transfer and extension in Premium processing, but my H1 is not yet expired. it will expire in another two months.
        I appreciate your help in this.
        Thanks in advance.

Regards,
        Raj

Comment

H1 extn and transfer

Though I am not concerned about my current company's stand on this.

I am thinking from a legal stad point. How can I file for a visa transfer since my current visa is expired and I do not have petition for the extended visa.

---- You have filed for an extension and have a receipt. At the same time you can also transfer. Both are independent activities and one has nothing to do with the other. And no legal issues are involved

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X