H1 Visa extension + Job switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa extension + Job switch

I am in real problem and will appreciate, if somebody can help me to solve this problem.

I am working for Company A. Very soon, my project is going to get over and they are saying, I might have to go to india.

My Visa is going to expire in first week of oct 2007. They have filled my visa extenstion and I have received the copy of the actual receipt. But, I am not able to see my status in the USCIS website. It gives me a error message, I am tensed about this, I suspect my company A is lying. ( I don't know why, I think that way...)

2) If, I go to india, will the visa extension process get affected ?

3) If, I switch my company, will the visa extension get affected ?

Thanks

H1 extension

I am in real problem and will appreciate, if somebody can help me to solve this problem.

I am working for Company A. Very soon, my project is going to get over and they are saying, I might have to go to india.

My Visa is going to expire in first week of oct 2007. They have filled my visa extenstion and I have received the copy of the actual receipt. But, I am not able to see my status in the USCIS website. It gives me a error message, I am tensed about this, I suspect my company A is lying. ( I don't know why, I think that way...)

---- If you have received your receipt notice adn unable to find it on teh uscis website, try changing the computer/location etc and you should be able to find it. If you have received the receipt, how can you suspect that the company is lying. You have to be conisistent with your statements

2) If, I go to india, will the visa extension process get affected ?

---- Yes, you will be considered to have abandoned your extension and traveled overseas

3) If, I switch my company, will the visa extension get affected ?

---- NO, If you switch companies you are applying for a transfer and that is independent from your extension

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X