Have waited way too long!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have waited way too long!!

I applied for H1B this year quota and was informed that my I129 has been approved. I was provided a receipt number too. However, now its 2 weeks that I have waited patiently for my approval letter copy which my employer pretends to have sent and have got it lost in post... not once but twice. I suspect some foul play as he also claims that there is no fax/scanner in their office.

Site just displays my case status, no name, no address. I enquired with helpline and they said that I will need to take an infopass appointment to get more details.

Experts/Senior members, please suggest if this step shall be good.. considering that this step can deterioate my relations with my employer if gets to know

Originally posted by jinneebhat
    I applied for H1B this year quota and was informed that my I129 has been approved. I was provided a receipt number too. However, now its 2 weeks that I have waited patiently for my approval letter copy which my employer pretends to have sent and have got it lost in post... not once but twice. I suspect some foul play as he also claims that there is no fax/scanner in their office.

Site just displays my case status, no name, no address. I enquired with helpline and they said that I will need to take an infopass appointment to get more details.

Experts/Senior members, please suggest if this step shall be good.. considering that this step can deterioate my relations with my employer if gets to know
    Can you ask for the tracking number if he has used the fedex?

Comment

I have been given a tracking number. But how can I be sure that it belongs to me. The website doesnt show any details of the candidate

Comment

if you have the reciept number you can call dept of state and find the status of your application and they can give you details about it like for who this visa is and who filed it and the organization. The wait on the call can take 20-25 minutes which is normal so it is worth the wait.The first 3 characters of your reciept no. are characters.You have full right to ask about your application since it is your application and your details...thats the law. Your employer should show details about your application and this also as per the laws. I can guess this is a indian consultant is that correct?
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Originally posted by topcatin
          if you have the reciept number you can call dept of state and find the status of your application and they can give you details about it like for who this visa is and who filed it and the organization. The wait on the call can take 20-25 minutes which is normal so it is worth the wait.The first 3 characters of your reciept no. are characters.You have full right to ask about your application since it is your application and your details...thats the law. Your employer should show details about your application and this also as per the laws. I can guess this is a indian consultant is that correct?
          Thanks for your guidance
          Indeed its an indian consultant. The number given is EAC....... which I used to check status on site successfully.

I did call the uscis helpdesk and they said that I need to take an Infopass appointment to know the details. I dialed the helpdesk number that appears on the case status page. You sure its worth trying again on phone.

Thanks
          Jin

Comment

i was once told by a person in USCIS "do not call us for visa n stuff..we only say what forms to fill for what visa..contact dept of state",so call "dept of state"

look at "visa services" in this site. yes call Dept of state.
            Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X